Milwaukee: Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing qualifying report

.

Milwaukee: Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing qualifying report

McDONALD'S DRIVER RAHAL QUALIFIED SECOND FOR THE ABC SUPPLY / A.J. FOYT 225 AT THE MILWAUKEE MILE; DOORNBOS QUALIFIED 12TH FOR HIS THIRD OVAL RACE

Graham Rahal, No. 02 McDonald's Dallara/Honda/Firestone: "The McDonald's car felt pretty good but I had a big snap and a big moment on the last lap and our fourth lap time was three-tenths slower than the previous one. If that hadn't happened I think we would have had pole. We sat on pole so many times this year that we are a little bit spoiled. At the end of the day the McDonald's boys are doing a great job. Pretty much we showed up today exactly how we ended last year because we are pretty competitive. We worked on race trim in the morning and the car was pretty quick. We're going to put on the set up we had for the race last year. The car was good but I made a mistake. If there was a race from last year that still bothers me it was this one. The McDonald's boys practiced stops this morning. If I hit my marks, all our stops go well and get to the end we should be able to have a good finish and be a contender. We have a shot at it tomorrow."

Robert Doornbos, No. 06 Dallara/Honda/Firestone: "We were a bit too risky on the gearing. Our gear was definitely too long and you don't want to be shifting at this place. Unfortunately it didn't work out. I go from one surprise to another on these ovals because they have all been different so far. I want to invite all my mates from Europe, in F1 or whatever series, to try this because it is so different from what I am used to. Every weekend is a new surprise. I got dizzy actually this morning after the first couple of laps. The car changes every lap in the race. I wish everyone had an on-board camera

to show how much work we do on every lap during the race -- especially here. I'm going to be a busy man in the race. People in the US love the oval racing and I am starting to enjoy it as well. We had a good run in Kansas. At this one, we have struggled a little bit more but we should be fine tomorrow in the race."

 
free counters